Who is Chamath Palihapitiya?
Chamath Palihapitiya is a Silicon Valley entrepreneur and venture capitalist. He is the co-founder of Social Capital, a Palo Alto-based venture capital firm. Chamath has a long history in Silicon Valley, having worked at various technology companies including Netscape, AOL Time Warner, and Facebook.
He’s an avid crypto enthusiast and regularly tweets about bitcoin on his social networks.
Below are the top 10 quotes by Chamath Palihapitiya:
- “The best thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise.”
- “Good investors have to choose how to allocate their mind share with the precious capital they have.”
- “Your job as a smart investor is to separate the facts and the news from the fiction and the noise.”
- “People are unhappy because they’re chasing the wrong things. Money and power aren’t the answer – they never have been.”
- “Success in Silicon Valley is all about creating value for others, not for yourself.”
- “Valuable companies take decades to build. “
- “Betting against entrepreneurs who are changing the world has never been a profitable endeavour.”
- “Something like bitcoin is really important because it is not correlated to the rest of the market.”
- “The reality is that it’s never been a better time to be an entrepreneur. It’s never been a better time to work at a startup.”
- “In Silicon Valley, it’s all about making an impact.”