Who is David Sacks?
David Sacks is an entrepreneur, investor, and author who co-founded PayPal in 1998. He also served as the company’s first COO. After PayPal was acquired by eBay in 2002, Sacks became a vice president at the online auction giant.
Sacks has since founded and/or invested in a number of startups, including Yammer, Geni, and Palantir Technologies. He is also the author of the book “The Start-up of You: Adapt to the Future, Invest in Yourself, and Transform Your Career.”
What are some of David Sacks’ best quotes?
Here are 10 of our favourites:
- “The biggest risk is not taking any risk… In a world that’s changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.”
- “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the best.”
- “If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late.”
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.”
- “Innovation is not about saying yes to everything. It’s about saying no to all but the most important things.”
- “Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”
- “The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.”
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.”
- “Hire character. Train skill.”
- “If you are not failing, you are not innovating enough.”