Who is Tony Hsieh?
Tony Hsieh is the CEO of online shoe retailer Zappos. He was born in Taiwan and moved to the United States at the age of 12. After attending Harvard, Tony worked for Oracle Corporation and then became the co-founder and CEO of LinkExchange, which Microsoft purchased for $265 million in 1998.
Here are some of our favorite Tony Hsieh quotes:
- “I think it’s important to start with the end in mind and work backwards.”
- “If you’re not constantly testing and evolving your assumptions, you’re going to eventually get stuck in what you’re doing.”
- “You don’t have to be a genius or know everything to be successful. You just need to be curious and have a willingness to learn.”
- “In order to be successful, you have to be passionate about something, but you also need to be able to take feedback and criticism.”
- “No one can tell you what’s going to make you happy. You have to figure that out for yourself.”
- “Happiness is not something that you postpone for the future; it’s something that you design for the present.”
- “The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.”
- “If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re not trying hard enough.”
- ” Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the best.”
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.”